Sandy Bay Baptist Church: Making Christ known to Hobart, Australia, and beyond
Directions & transport
Sandy Bay Baptist Church is located at 239 Sandy Bay Road (see location details). It is a comfortable walk from the city centre, Battery Point, and many parts of Sandy Bay.
Bus stop 9 is approximately 40 metres from the church. At this time it is served by Taroona buses (routes 56, 61-65 and 67-68) and University buses (routes 51-55). For timetables and fares, see Metro Tasmania.
If driving, we suggest you park along Princes Street, as there is no parking on Sandy Bay Road directly in front of the church.
Consequently, when using a GPS it is better not to route using the church address. Suitable coordinates for GPS routing are 147.32767E 42.89572S (147°19.66'E 42°53.74'S). For reference, the actual church coordinates are 147.32789E 42.89593S.
- Driving from Hobart (including northern suburbs & eastern shore):
- Follow Davey Street (A6) towards Mount Wellington. Turn left onto Antill Street, which becomes Regent Street. Turn left onto Princes Street.
- Driving from Kingston (including the channel):
- Take the Southern Outlet (A6) towards Hobart. Exit for Tolmans Hill/Olinda Grove (C643). After crossing the bridge, turn left onto the entrance ramp, then right onto Proctors Road. Follow Proctors Road to the roundabout and turn right onto Princes Street. (Alternatively, you can take the Southern Outlet to Macquarie Street then turn right onto Antill Street and follow the directions from Hobart.)
- Driving from Taroona or Lower Sandy Bay:
- Follow the Channel Highway (B68) towards Hobart, which becomes Sandy Bay Road. Turn left onto Princes Street.