Sandy Bay Baptist Church: Making Christ known to Hobart, Australia, and beyond
Sandy Bay Baptist Church believes in:
- The Divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Holy Scriptures, the only infallible rule of faith and practice in all matters.
- The existence of one God in three Persons: The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit.
- The Deity and the Incarnation of the Lord Jesus Christ, who is the Son of God and the second Person in the Holy Trinity.
- The fallen and lost estate of all mankind.
- The salvation of men from the penal consequences and the power of sin through the perfect obedience of the Lord Jesus Christ, His atoning Death, His ascension to the Right Hand of the Father and His unchanging Priesthood.
- The direct work of the Holy Spirit in the regeneration of men, in their sanctification and in their preservation to the Heavenly Kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The necessity of the new birth, in order to obtain salvation by repentance towards God, and of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The resurrection of the dead, the final judgment of all men by the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal blessedness of the righteous, and the eternal punishment of the unsaved.
- The two ordinances of the Lord Jesus Christ, namely Baptism and the Lord's Supper - which are of perpetual obligation. Baptism being the immersion of believers on the profession of their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and a symbol of the fellowship of the regenerate in His Death, Burial and Resurrection. The Lord's Supper being a memorial, until His second advent, of the sacrifice of the Body and Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The obligation on the Church and on every believer to aid in proclaiming salvation to all men through the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.